Boating Safety

To operate any motorboat (including personal watercraft) legally on Arkansas waters, a person who is of legal age to operate a boat, whether an Arkansas resident or a non-resident, and who is born on or after January 1, 1986, must have either a boating education certificate from an approved Arkansas Game & Fish Commission (AGFC) safe boating course or an equivalent certificate issued by another state from a boating education course that is approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA).

Operators born before January 1, 1986 are not required to have a boating education certificate.

However, many boaters take the boat safety course in order to save on their PWC or boat insurance. Do your part to make boating in Arkansas a safe, enjoyable pastime! Become an educated, responsible boater by completing the Arkansas course and practice what you learn.

All states, territories, and provinces will recognize boating education cards that meet NASBLA requirements and Canadian Pleasure Craft Operator Cards that meet Transport Canada’s requirements. (This is known as “reciprocity.”)

The waters of Arkansas state are a national resource. Recreational boating on these waters contributes to the well-being of both residents and visitors.

Arkansas Boater License






Comments are closed.